Friday 4 December 2015

031215 - Interview Session with Instructional Communication & Training

Peace be upon You, you and you!!!

Today; 031215 is the day that I've waited for quite sometimes (one week only maaa). It's the day for my interview session. Well it's not about me but I was interviewed on behalf of ARTO Movement.

I was interviewed by a group of students from Instructional  Communication & Training of UiTM. Among the questions asked were:

1. What is the revolutionary stuff that ARTO Movement did?

2. What is the forecast for ARTO Movement and you yourself in 5 and 10 years?

These 2 questions really hit me hard. What have been done by ARTO so far? In 5 years since the establishment of ARTO, what we have done and revolutionary stuff that we did? I paused for a while. *the camera still rolling* "Well to be honest, we haven't done a thing that can be called revolutionary. We are still young. We are only 5 years old, so we can do much plus with a year hiatus. But among the things we are proud of are the establishment of #KelasSeniARTO; an art class that utilise the virtual space - Whatsapp as the medium of class, #ARToHopping; a programme that promotes art galleries and galleries hopping - we did couple of this few months ago and visited few galleries and do art appreciations - next we have #ARToTalk & #ARToOpening where we share the location and life tweet telecast of what's happening during the talk or opening. But we never view these as revolutionary stuff. They were created as a mean of utilising what we have with our limited budget, sources and space." Answered me. While for the 2nd question, it was kinda personal as I view ARTO as my own child. I co founded it with fellow members so the feeling is real. "What I see ARTO in 5-10 years? Well of course for it to be bigger, better and wiser. I hope that ARTO and I can grow old, wiser together. I hope that ARTO can expand and be more useful to all. I hope ARTO can gives back to the society. 'We give what we get to the people.' I hope in 5 years, ARTO will has it own space, it own residency and maybe gallery which it is the place for young artists to exhibit and organize event. I see it becoming true in 2020, InsyaAllah."

Among all the question asked, these two were the toughest to answer. I would like to thank Maryam and the rest of the team (see I've forgotten their name already. Silly me. I'm so sorry) for given me and ARTO the pleasure of being interviewed.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment